Smoky Mountains Adventure
Smoky Mountains Adventure -
Smoky Mountains Adventure 2023
The Smoky Mountains Adventure trips are open to current Rockwood fifth grade students.
Travel to the Great Smoky Mountains for an adventure-packed four days exploring the wilderness, searching for wildlife, learning about the environment and developing leadership skills. Stay at the Great Smoky Mountains Institute at Tremont, an environmental education center located within the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
Smoky Mountains Adventure Trip Dates:
Trip 1: Blevins, Eureka, Geggie | March 3-6 (bus departs March 3 at 6 a.m.)
Trip 2: Ridge Meadows, Wild Horse, Woerther | March 10-13 (bus departs March 10 at 6 a.m.)
Trip 3: Bowles, Kellison, Stanton, Uthoff Valley | March 31-April 3 (bus departs March 31 at 6 a.m.)
Trip 4: Babler, Chesterfield, Pond | April 28-May 1 (bus departs April 28 at 6 a.m.)
Trip 5: Ballwin, Fairway, Green Pines | May 5-8 (bus departs May 5 at 6 a.m.)
Trip 6: Ellisville, Kehrs Mill, Westridge | May 19-22 (bus departs May 19 at 6 a.m.)
- Full payment option: Pay the full amount of $675 upon acceptance on the trip.
- Installment option: A $225 deposit is due upon acceptance on the trip. If you choose the installment option, your account will automatically be set up to make three installment payments of $150 each due on December 1, January 2 and February 1. Limited fee assistance may be available to those who qualify.
A random draw lottery will be used to ensure all students have an equal change to attend their school's trip. Families can register for the lottery July 18-October 31. The lottery will be run November 1 and families will be notified of their status for the trip. Regarding registering for the lottery:
- You may only register for the lotter for your child's assigned school trip. You may not register for another school's trip.
- You only need to register one time for each child for the lottery.
- All those registering for the lottery will have an equal chance to be drawn for the trip, regardless of when they register between July 18-October 31.
Note: In order to register your child for the lottery, you will need to create an account on this website if you do not already have one. Your child must be added to your account prior to registering him/her for the trip lottery.
For more information and Frequently asked questions, please click here.
Questions? Contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call or text 636-891-6644.