The Art of Shading and Shadows with Acrylics: Coffee Cups Still Life
**Online Classes for Adults -
THIS IS AN ONLINE CLASS - Your instructor will email instructions prior to class
Learn the basics of understanding Color Value and Shading while creating a still life featuring coffee cups. Instructor: Emily Ross.
|Session 1||Tuesday||July 7||2 sessions|
- Canvas or Watercolor Paper
- Acrylic Paints Required colors: White, Cadmium Yellow, Red, Blue (cobalt, ultramarine or phthalo blue).
- Additional colors (if you don't want to mix them) Oxide yellow, Sap or Hooker Green, Orange, Raw Umber, purple
- Brushes: 1/4" & 3/4" flat one small and one large round brush (suggested sizes 1, 4, 6, 8, 10). Also bring any other brushes you have too!
- Paint palette - 2 paper plates or cardboard
- Paper Towels - to wipe your brush
- Cup of water - something you can wash easily or dispose of
- Paint clothes - Protective apron or old t-shirt to protect your clothes
$29 • $14.50 Gold Card Program
Please note, this is a virtual/online class that can be accessed from a computer, tablet, or smart phone. To fully participate, you will need access to the Internet during the class time, and a built in camera/microphone on your device or a webcam if you'd like to communicate directly with the instructor.
Gold Card members (Parkway and Rockwood district residents ages 60 and older) receive a 50% discount for this class. The discounted rate will automatically be applied at checkout. You must have a Gold Card issued in your name to receive the discounted rate. If you do not have a Gold Card and would like to request one, complete an online request form.
Community Ed staff will be working remotely and can be reached Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. via the following methods:
Online registration is over